Starr County Memorial Hospital
About our clinics:
Starr County Memorial Hospital Rural Health Clinics provide access to primary health care to all residents of Starr and neighboring counties, special emphasis is placed on providing access to care for the underserved and those facing barriers to access. Our clinics are walk-in medical clinics that are staffed by physicians and nurse practitioners, who provide treatment for common family illnesses and injuries, administer vaccinations, conduct physicals and wellness screenings, and offer monitoring for chronic conditions.
Our practitioners can:
Rural Health Clinic
Roma Health Clinic
- Diagnose, treat and write prescriptions for common family illnesses such as strep throat, bladder infections, pink eye and infections of the ears, nose and throat
- Provide common vaccinations for flu, pneumonia, pertussis, and hepatitis B, among others
- Treat minor wounds, abrasions, joint sprains and skin conditions such as poison ivy, ringworm and acne
- Provide a wide range of wellness services, including sports and camp physicals, smoking cessation and TB testing
- Provide education for those with diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or asthma
Most services are available for all age groups.
Patients are responsible for either their insurance copay or price listed on our menu. If you're insured, we recommend you contact your insurance company before your visit to verify coverage. If you are uninsured or prefer to pay out of pocket, we welcome cash, checks and credit cards.